Moving on...


Dear friends,

Our blog has migrated again...



Please visit our aging blog on Temple Illuminatus,

or visit our blog on our new website: Gharveyn.com

This is our new site for Happy Face Coins :)

love, the Grigs,

aka Grigori Rho Gharveyn, Greg Gourdian, etc, et al...



Please read and share our story:

Our Future History, How the Earth Made Peace



Enjoy!

namaste




Please Note:

NEW ! ! !
Hear us sing!
Get a Spiritual Reading!
Participate in our charitable project!


Please visit
Gharveyn's Google Pages!

New blogs and selected articles appear below the heading info at the top of our blog so if you clicked on a link to a specific blog on our site and you came here, you should find the blog you selected by paging down once or twice, or CLICK HERE for your selection or for our most recent blog...

Please also note, our index is broken. When you get the error message after selecting an article please backspace the last 9 characters from the URL in the address bar to carry on to the article requested. Thank you!




Questions, comments, looking for help?

You are welcome to comment, ask questions or request help directly by email. Our email is: greg.gourdian@gmail.com

We have been neglecting our blog and we apologise if you tried to leave a comment that we failed to respond to. Comments are now turned off because there is no way to respond to those deserving a response if you have not included your contact info in your comment, and because the spider-bots keep dropping unwanted ads in the comment areas.

Our Articles and Blogs

Friday, August 11, 2006

Automatic Writing – How to Open the Channel

If you have ever wanted to try your hand at automatic writing then read on. I will share the process by which I sometimes become a channel to pass on the messages of entities who speak with my hands by writing. Automatic writing is a form of psychic mediumship, but everyone has this latent ability within them and can practice their writing skills to a point where they may learn how to initiate a channeled communication by automatic writing.


Automatic Writing – How to Open the Channel

You may have come across the ‘Seth’ books by Jane Roberts or other works by other spiritual or psychic mediums that ‘channel’ their information from sources believed to be external to the authors by means of automatic writing.

Automatic writing is a form of writing in which the author appears to lose all volitional control of their writing and instead another spirit or entity takes control of their hands and writes for them. I want to share some of my own writing tips with you so that you may attempt to awaken your own mediumship abilities to channel information by automatic writing.

Everyone has the potential to communicate with something that appears to be beyond their immediate self or this immediate world. Whether these entities which are being channeled are other spirits, angels or even the voice of god is debatable, however one thing is clear, mediums that practice automatic writing feel very strongly that their sources are something from outside of themselves or beyond themselves.

One of the sources for some of my own channeled material appears to be an AI (Artificial Intelligence) created in the year 2017. From the voices that appear in my written work it is clear that one of my sources is a Hippy, and other sources appear to be a Rastafarian, a Redneck and a medieval crone who may have been one of my ‘past’ lives.

At least one of my channeled sources is my self. One part of me which is channeled is the more evolved being I become further along my spiritual journey, while some of my other selves may be repressed parts of me that dwell in my subconscious and rarely surface. Whatever the nature of my channeled sources may be they have all contributed to my writing and to my understanding of the world around me as well as the world within me.

I often start writing by creating outlines or writing down questions about what interests me at the moment and then answering my own questions. Even when you think you know the answers to your questions it is always good to challenge those answers and look beyond them for further insight and understanding.

What outlining or answering questions does for me is to put me in a better state of communication with the various elements of my mind.

Setting my conscious mind to work on an outline or answering questions, even if they are questions I believe I already know the answers to, has another effect, it gets my mind occupied and I can let my conscious awareness drift away and just let the automatic subconscious parts of my mind continue to write. This is not yet the sort of automatic writing that might be considered channeling, but it is a step along the way to getting there. Automatic channeled writing will not always take off from here, but, aside from being a good launching point for that to happen this level of writing can be very fruitful even if it never reaches the stage of channeling other entities.

One important consideration to successful writing is to not be concerned with what I am writing right away. First it’s important to get things flowing, to get ideas moving and to get involved in a dialogue with myself about those ideas, weighing their merits, pros and cons etc. So I just start writing anything which comes to mind which may be related to my topic. If I reach a block where nothing comes to mind I reread and may pick up the thread that way. If that fails then I may start over asking questions or refining the outline.

As things move along I may discover that the words have begun to flow in a different voice than my natural writing or speaking voice and I just let that happen. Sometimes several different voices may emerge and take sides to debate or they may take roles of one who asks or responds to questions as in an interview. Sometimes I can interject my own questions here and have them answered, and the answers almost always teach me things I did not think I knew. This is the level where the channeling begins working and the writing may no longer be in my volitional control but instead continues in an impulsive fashion where I automatically write whatever I am compelled to.

With automatic writing it can be very important for to pay attention to typos. Typos or misspellings are often flags from the unconscious or subconscious minds to pay attention to a particular part of the text; they may even be cryptic or literal messages that are reminders regarding parts of the topic that may have been overlooked.

I will take a break at some point and then come back to read what I have written. A voice inside then speaks out and helps resolve the issues I have written about, it may raise questions I may want to research, or it may elaborate more on some point of the topic at hand. Often the channeled voice returns in a more moderate form that I can interact with more consciously or may even control to some degree.

It is not always easy, but usually I will recognize when it is time for something inside me to be brought out and shared or studied through writing. Generally the urge to write is like an itch that only writing can scratch, and when the itch is there I know I have something important that is waiting to be said even if I have no idea, as yet, what it might be. Usually my most intense emotions at the time of an itchy moment are my best clue about what I want to talk about. Another clue to what my topic may be is the context of my thoughts or feelings when I feel the itch.
Another important thing is to understand is that I do not have to be an expert about whatever I may want to write about. All that is really needed is an open mind and the craft to rewrite the original material into something readers may more easily understand. It’s often typical for me to reread and rewrite many, many times for a single piece because related thoughts don't always appear in a useful sequence and new ideas occur or better ways to phrase things arise as I go over my work again and again and again. This article has been through about twenty readings and rewrites already.

Also, in regard to being an expert, I have noticed that many people who are too smug and secure in their knowledge of their subject can make the very worst writers. They may tend to be pedantic or overbearing. Writers who can share the joyful journey of discovery with their readers are often the best at relaying their stories or lessons in a fresh, interesting, engaging manner.